Motorcyclist wins wiretapping case in Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcyclist wins wiretapping case in Maryland

"Slashdot readers may recall the case of a Maryland motorcyclist (Anthony Graber) arrested and charged with wiretapping violations (a felony) when he recorded his interaction with a Maryland State Trooper. Today, Judge Emory A. Pitt threw out the wiretapping charges against Graber, leaving only his traffic violations to be decided on his October 12 trial date. 'The judge ruled that Maryland's wire tap law allows recording of both voice and sound in areas where privacy cannot be expected. He ruled that a police officer on a traffic stop has no expectation of privacy.' A happy day for freedom-loving Marylanders and Americans in general."

http://news.slashdot.org/story/10/09...t-State-Police
    I've got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm...

Excellent.

"Far be it from me to question your stupid civilization or its dumb customs."—Philip J. Fry

Comment

Holy crap!

The rights of American citizens were not trampled on.
      "We want to be free. We want to be free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by The Man. And we want to get loaded."

"I can't promise you sticking your dick in a diamondback's mouth and zapping it with a cattle prod *will* get your pecker bitten, but I can promise you it's a BAD FUCKING IDEA" -Rotten

"Guns, stolen motorcycles, and dead hookers tend to attract a lot of attention"

Comment

Working...
      X