Insurance for odd bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance for odd bikes

I am trying to find a Insurance Company for my bikes, 1985 CR-500 and the 1997 Aprilia RS-250 odd bikes for them but I need to get this done so I can get D.M.V. to re instate the REG. any help is welcome.
    Die trying,trying to Die.

I don't know if you qualify for them, but if you can get USAA they will insure your bike/car for "over bluebook value."

I'm sure other companies will as well.
    Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
    Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

State farm insured my KTM, which was originally just a dirt bike. Contact Ms. Doll for details
      "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

Any company will insure them, but you may run into trouble for insured value in the case of an accident since they're rare bikes. Obviously a plated CR500 is worth more than a green stickered one, but that may not show up in the settlement from an accident.

If you're at fault for the accident you'll need to check out how the collision and comprehensive coverage is written for how the bike's value is calculated. Whatever valuation method may not match the street value, so you may have to ask for what it takes to make sure you'll get the replacement cost that you want. From there they write a policy that covers X bike for $X replacement.

It's pretty common with cruisers -- value of the bike is no longer a Harley, it's a Harley plus all that makes it worth more (custom paint, stereo, straight pipes and a passenger seat vibrator).

When someone else is at fault, it's usually a bidding war with the other person's insurance as to the value of the vehicle with whatever evidence you can provide to counter a low offer. I had this work in my favor to pay for repairs and avoid totaling a car for a low payout, but it has potential to fail.

You should be able to purchase a type of gap insurance from your company that will cover the cost of replacing the bike in the case that a settlement falls short of its value.

I'm not an insurance agent -- I only rant like one, so take it to a professional.
        Last edited by SatanCruz; 10-20-2010, 02:31 PM.

Comment

thanks for the info boys.
          Die trying,trying to Die.

Comment

Working...
          X