Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANT!

http://www.nortonmotorcycles.com/
    "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
    ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

That is a beautiful chunk of motorcycle right there.

"Far be it from me to question your stupid civilization or its dumb customs."—Philip J. Fry

Comment

The people that have ridden the new "new Nortons" say the bike is brilliant. The new owners claim that they have taken the Dreer design and redesigned almost the entire thing, keeping only the engine displacement. They also claim to be building an inline-four for competition first in the British Superbike Championship with an eye for World Superbike. They have also aquired an engine manufacturer that developed a parallel twin for use in MotoGP; a 750cc and 1200cc variants of this engine are being developed for street and competition also. Stuart Garner who now owns Norton, has an extensive background in successful automobile and motorcycle manufacturing and, as of January of this year,Pierre Terblanch of Ducati fame has been hired to be Norton's designer.

Unfortunatly for Norton, the last motorcycle company that I was really excited about was Highland...so expect the entire factory to be struck by a tornado.
      "We want to be free. We want to be free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by The Man. And we want to get loaded."

"I can't promise you sticking your dick in a diamondback's mouth and zapping it with a cattle prod *will* get your pecker bitten, but I can promise you it's a BAD FUCKING IDEA" -Rotten

"Guns, stolen motorcycles, and dead hookers tend to attract a lot of attention"

Comment

Pretty sweet.

Norton had a display at the 2005 GP races with reps saying they were ready to sell, so it took them long enough.

Is there a dealer in CA? Website says not-so-much.

Comment

Originally posted by SatanCruz View Post
          Pretty sweet.

Norton had a display at the 2005 GP races with reps saying they were ready to sell, so it took them long enough.

Is there a dealer in CA? Website says not-so-much.

Those were the Kenny Dreer Nortons. He basically took a shit ton of money, made a good looking one-off bike, took even more money in form of investors and pre-order down payments, and ran off to do hookers and blow without producing any bikes.

Norton was sold again, they are back in England, and they are much more serious.

Edit: AWESOME! I managed to have hookers and blow in my 1000th post!
          Last edited by the_grinch; 03-11-2011, 10:05 AM.
          "We want to be free. We want to be free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by The Man. And we want to get loaded."

"I can't promise you sticking your dick in a diamondback's mouth and zapping it with a cattle prod *will* get your pecker bitten, but I can promise you it's a BAD FUCKING IDEA" -Rotten

Comment

Horsepower?
            Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
            Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

80hp...weak...but the engine company that they bought looks promising for the future Norton engines.

Comment

that actually is a beautiful bike!
                sigpic

Originally posted by epim
                Vampires MC. We ride motorcycles. We ride motorcycles fast. We're a family. We know where to hide the bodies.
                The_grinch: "Yes, I love colic and rectal thermometry."

Comment

Originally posted by the_grinch View Post
                  80hp...weak...but the engine company that they bought looks promising for the future Norton engines.
                  For a bike of that vintage style build that's actually outstanding. I was thinking it would be more in the neighborhood of 50-60 like the gutless Triumphs.
                  Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

80BHP, not to the ground

Comment

Originally posted by the_grinch View Post
                      80BHP, not to the ground
                      So, subtract 15% and you have a realistic RWHP number. Still pretty fucking good all things considered. The Truxton is only pushing 68.

Comment

Originally posted by beauregard View Post
                        So, subtract 15% and you have a realistic RWHP number. Still pretty fucking good all things considered. The Truxton is only pushing 68.

o_O

Yeah...so the Norton puts out 68 hp to the ground.

But on the bright side, the Norton is 40lbs lighter, the geometry suggests that the Norton handles much better, and the base model is only almost three times the cost of the Triumph. It makes the Thruxton look like you drank a lot and woke up with an English girl too.

Comment

She told me she was 19.

FUCK! Do you have to keep bringing that shit up?
                          "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
                          ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X