Leather commute pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather commute pants

I've had a couple of people ask about where I got my super-fly side zip leather commute pants. They're bitchin' cause you can wear a pair of shorts under them in the summer or your suit pants on the commute to work, and hop out of them in a minute when you get to where you're going.

Looks like FirstGear is getting out of the business of making leather gear this year, so they're blowing out the rest of line to clear way for the 2012 textile stuff in a few months.

Right now they're on close out for $225 -- I'll probably pick a pair up since this is the latest and best version with knee and hip armor, stretch panels at the joints, and leather waterproofing.

WOW, while they look great on the ghost mannequin, they look like shit on the real dude.

Comment

Yeah, over pants usually don't look the best, but the fact that you can take them off in 30 seconds to show off your new Ed Hardy pants is why you're buying them, right?

Comment

PARTY-BOY LEATHERS!
        Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
        Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

Just noticed the price has been knocked down to $165 for these, that's a fuggin' deal.

Comment

Indeed. I got mine and tested 'em out...they look better than the pictures if you wear the waist a bit higher than your normal pants, and cut back the length to match your inseam. Plus, CE approved knee and hip armor is pretty rad.

Comment

And, as a true testament to how rad this business is, they cut me a gift certificate for the price difference between the first sale and this one.

Seriously, buy these things, there's really no better deal around right now on commute leathers.

Comment

Been liking the set I ordered at D's first recommendation. (Yes it's true my pants now have a closed crotch!). Still need to get the bottoms fully hemmed to my size.

Did you just contact sales about the gift certificate?
                I've got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm...

Comment

Originally posted by elfboy View Post
                  Still need to get the bottoms fully hemmed to my size.
                  Did you just contact sales about the gift certificate?
                  You got it. I used the live chat, they took a look at the order number, I sent an email to the rep, and they cut me the certificate within an hour or two.

I set the inseam on mine with fabric glue, since I didn't have access to a sewing machine that'll do two layers of leather. So far so good.

Comment

It's leather, do you really need to hem it?

Comment

For length, not for fraying. The edges hang below the heel of my boots as they are now.
                      Last edited by elfboy; 10-24-2011, 09:30 AM. Reason: spelling
                      I've got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm...

Comment

I love this retailer - they are the bomb and shipping is super fast!

Quick question: Have these been rain tested and dryness approved?

Comment

Originally posted by SatanCruz View Post
                          And, as a true testament to how rad this business is, they cut me a gift certificate for the price difference between the first sale and this one.

Seriously, buy these things, there's really no better deal around right now on commute leathers.
                          Well, I hope you're getting some commission bumps too. I just ordered 'em.

Comment

I'm organizing an "occupy my pants" movement based on this thread.
                            "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
                            ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten View Post
                              I'm organizing an "occupy my pants" movement based on this thread.
                              that's what the dead hooker hands are for. well that's all i put down my pants these days. . . .
                              SETHZILLA!

"American by birth, CALIFORNIAN by the grace of God!"- Me

-" I am not leaving the forum, because it's my ultimate intent to drive the rest of you off so I'm the only one left.
                              "- Ziad

Comment

Working...
                              X