Misfits show thursday 9/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misfits show thursday 9/29

$25 @ Avalon Santa Clara. I'm going, anyone else in? Would've posted it earlier but just found out tonight.
    Originally posted by the_grinch
    ‎@Thatch-you sound just like an old athlete that can't face the fact that his best years are behind him. Josh would crash on the way to your funeral just to take that pin off your corpse.
    Originally posted by Beauregard
    give me some time to get used to not riding a Harley you young whippersnapper and i'll teach you some manners

Duuuuuude. Sucks! I'd love to go but I'm workin. :-/
    sigpic

Originally posted by epim
    Vampires MC. We ride motorcycles. We ride motorcycles fast. We're a family. We know where to hide the bodies.
    The_grinch: "Yes, I love colic and rectal thermometry."

Comment

Scratch that. Charging system on the SV is dead so I can't make it.
      Originally posted by the_grinch
      ‎@Thatch-you sound just like an old athlete that can't face the fact that his best years are behind him. Josh would crash on the way to your funeral just to take that pin off your corpse.
      Originally posted by Beauregard
      give me some time to get used to not riding a Harley you young whippersnapper and i'll teach you some manners

Comment

I didn't want to be a Debbie Downer, but you're not missing out on much.

This version of the Misfits is just Jerry Only, who played bass and decided to take over singing, and I can't say the Misfits were ever known for their bass playing and Jerry can't even come close to aping Danzig's singing.

I saw them in the late 90s when Doyle was there along with Graves doing his best Danzig impression. They spent most of the show shooting off stage pyrotechnics, sucking in their guts and high-fiving the crowd instead of playing their instruments. The best part was when they finished and GWAR took the stage.

Comment

At least seeing Dead Kennedy's without Jello is like watching a really good DK cover band. I'd imagine seeing The Misfits without Glen is a trainwreck.
          --
          Keith Seric Maynard
          http://www.seric.com

Comment

Working...
          X