Liquid latex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquid latex

I have plans to get some tattoo work done on my hip area on the 12th, and was just called about helping on a dive boat on the 13th. Anyone have any experience with liquid latex? I wa thinking Saran wrap and some liquid latex would provide good water protection, but i''m not sure how it works with cold water or rubbing in the wetsuit. PM me if you don't want to post up on the thread. Thanks!
    sigpic

Originally posted by epim
    Vampires MC. We ride motorcycles. We ride motorcycles fast. We're a family. We know where to hide the bodies.
    The_grinch: "Yes, I love colic and rectal thermometry."

Plenty of experience with liquid latex, though not as tattoo protection. Not sure how well it will stick to the saran wrap part of it and it is probably too sticky for direct application to the ink.
    I've got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm...

Comment

What about gauze or a fabric over the tattoo, then liquid latex around that to "adhere" the bandage?
      sigpic

Vampires MC. We ride motorcycles. We ride motorcycles fast. We're a family. We know where to hide the bodies.

Comment

When I was swimming in a body cast I used waterproof surgical tape and garbage bags to seal up the cast. Seems like surgical tape and heavy zip lock bag plastic would work for a tattoo.
        "Mathematics are the result of mysterious powers which no one understands, and which the unconscious recognition of beauty must play an important part. Out of an infinity of designs a mathematician chooses one pattern for beauty's sake and pulls it down to earth."

Marston Morse

Comment

Hmmm thanks Bill!
          sigpic

Comment

Bill nailed it. I do the same thing when surfing with new ink.
            Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
            Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut View Post
              When I was swimming in a body cast...
              0_o

That's hardcore.... (though I am thinking of the full body cast)
              I've got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm...

Comment

Amateurs. I recommend a large sheet of Tegaderm. It's a waterproof, clear self adhesive bandage. I used it snorkeling in Hi. with an unhealed open surgical wound. Worked great and kept the wound completely dry. It is especially effective in treating road rash and burn injury's where infection is a major concern. Google it.
                "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
                ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

Tegaderm huh?! Can that be applied directly to new ink?
                  sigpic

Comment

ah yes if you use the right one, when i used that product for some burn wounds had Ag and a perimeter adhesive and was water rite, as to the water dive depth ?,pressure?, and keep in mind skin will weep liquids over time.
                    Die trying,trying to Die.

Comment

Originally posted by samatye View Post
                      Tegaderm huh?! Can that be applied directly to new ink?

It's just a clear, flexible Bandaid and it will not stick. That's why it's used on rash and burns.

Your Googlefu is FAIL!! http://www.lundberg-custom.com/Appleng.pdf
                      "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

sigpic

Comment

Why the fuck are you even considering a dive with fresh ink? The risk of infection and ruining your new ink job is just too high. They better be paying you at least $10,000 or fucking forget it. You made your choice and got a tat. No divey until it's healed.

sigpic

Comment

It's the opportunity to get on the Great White Shark boat, which is a lifetime opportunity. Why Would the ocean destroy my new tattoo? What's so bad? I only have one tattoo and it was such a quick heal.
                          sigpic

Comment

I can't swear for tats (although I was given clear instructions to stay out of the ocean when I got mine) but with burns, road rash and surgical wounds getting salt water in them is a HUGE no no due to infection risk. As a professional injury victim I have been told this many times. My concern is that the wetsuit may rub through and get the skin exposed. You should contact the person that did your tat for the best advise.

It's not the ocean that would ruin your tat but if you got an infection there would likely be scarring.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samatye View Post
                              It's the opportunity to get on the Great White Shark boat, which is a lifetime opportunity. Why Would the ocean destroy my new tattoo? What's so bad? I only have one tattoo and it was such a quick heal.

The ocean is a massive bacteriological soup. An open wound like a tattoo is not the greatest place for it. If the tattoo is already done and healing, then go with a tegaderm. If you're getting ink the day before or something.. Reschedule. Save the hassle.

Tegaderm is a good solution for covering wounds, particuarly when you don't want it to stick in the middle. They come in a few different sizes, though walgreens carries up to 6"x6"
                              "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

Working...
                              X