I Got a New Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Got a New Bike

I had my Harley xr1200x for two years and the warenty has run out. In the two years I've ovned it it had about $10,000 worth of warenty work. Everytime I think I made it over the hill something else happens. The last straw was an oil leak at an o ring a $1 part but at least an hour of labor. I didn't trust its reliabiliy to magically stop having problems after two years so I went down to Arlen Ness Victory and traded it in on a 2013 Cross Roads Classic.

I love this new bike, yes it's a big heavy bagger but it is so much fun to ride and the most comfortable bike I've ever rode. I took it up to Redwood and man it really handles for such a big cruiser. I love the style and haven't scraped any hard parts. That bike can really lean and hold a line. I'm also selling my Versys since the Victory is all the bike I need and I don't need the added expense of maintenance, insurance and license renewal. So here's my new baby. I've got a five year extended warenty and I think I may actually be saving money by getting rid of my Sportster.

me on vic.jpg

victory.jpg

Oh yes, Zach Ness has a new reality show where he builds custom bikes. He may use my xr1200x on his show as a project bike. I'll let you know if he does.

Comment

I'm getting this patch for you and Brad.

Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
      Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

Originally posted by beauregard View Post
        I'm getting this patch for you and Brad.

You can't have too many patches.

Comment

Congratulations on the new ride, Tim.
          "The adventure is in the rider, not the bike."
          ghettotouring.com

Comment

Thanks Cootz.

Comment

Me too Tim, traded it for a snake

http://gainesville.craigslist.org/mcy/4014696238.html

Comment

Originally posted by Googlyeyed View Post
                I wish I had a snake or a scooter.

Comment

Sweet looker, nice reliable ride, not a broken-down wreck. = WIN

Comment

Originally posted by SalCal View Post
                    Sweet looker, nice reliable ride, not a broken-down wreck. = WIN

Thanks Sal

Comment

Working...
                    X