FT: 929 ratbike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FT: 929 ratbike

It's kinda ratty, but a lot of fun to ride. Currently 29k and change on it, and I'm still riding it.

I need something a bit cheaper to ride. This thing guzzles gas and destroys back tires, so I need something a bit more economical. 650 twin perhaps? Suspension work would be nice... I can't add any cash on top, sadly.

the good:
    runs great
    MIG half exhaust
    SATO rearsets (could be replaced with slightly rashed stock depending on trade value)
    flat black, how I like it
    Buell headlights
    freshly rebuilt forks (Ractech seals/bushings/.95 springs)
    fairly new stator (9k on it)
    Galfer braided SBK lines (front only)

the bad:
    dented tank
    one minor crack on the tail plastics
    paint ran onto the frame, would look better if the whole frame was painted black. I'm likely fixing this soon.
    small dent on the left side of the frame, right under the VIN tag
    some rash on the left side of the swingarm
    some rash on the clutch cover, scuffs on the stator cover
    right frame slider has minor wear, left is a little scuffed
    slightly bent rear wheel, still holds air and rides fine

the ugly:
    got run over by a semi, and the rider died

the maintenance:
    chain (520 x ring, DID I think) and rear sprocket (steel JT) have 8k on them. 2 front sprockets, 15 and 16 - probably respectively 5k and 3k on them, also steel JT. No rust or anything on the chain, regularly cleaned and waxed.
    could probably use a valve adjustment, no clue if it's been done
    have an APE CCT that needs to be installed
    tires are 209GPA AMA spec tires, med front med/hard rear, in good shape (maybe 500 street miles on em, plus I suspect one race and one trackday)
    brake pads are fairly fresh SBS street pads
    spare subframe
    spare 530 sprockets with minimal wear, can toss in a brand new 530 X ring Parts Unlimited chain for the right price too
    spare (ebay) supposedly good rashed stator cover with stator
    spare bent clipons if you want em
    spare headlight for the right price (stock headlight)
    stock bodywork, some still in excellent shape, included... but some is pretty trashed

CLEAN CA title in my hand

I'd really prefer trading it for a different bike to selling it outright, as I don't want to be bikeless... but it's gotta be something that's good on gas and tires, and not too bad on other maintenance. However... $2500 OBO, and I can certainly take some off if you don't want the rearsets.

Click on a photo for higher resolution

Let me know what you have to trade for it, or how much you're willing to pay :teeth
    Last edited by Junkie; 05-16-2010, 04:49 PM.
    Originally posted by the_grinch
    ‎@Thatch-you sound just like an old athlete that can't face the fact that his best years are behind him. Josh would crash on the way to your funeral just to take that pin off your corpse.
    Originally posted by Beauregard
    give me some time to get used to not riding a Harley you young whippersnapper and i'll teach you some manners

Sold the spare stator/cover separately.

I found an SV that I want, so... $1900 firm, with stock rearsets. I'll take off another $100 if you'll take it with the Trailtech X2 headlight instead of the Buells.

How it looks with the Buells with a flyscreen:

What the other headlight looks like:

Originally posted by the_grinch
    ‎@Thatch-you sound just like an old athlete that can't face the fact that his best years are behind him. Josh would crash on the way to your funeral just to take that pin off your corpse.
    Originally posted by Beauregard
    give me some time to get used to not riding a Harley you young whippersnapper and i'll teach you some manners

Comment

Working...
    X