• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel F250?

Anyone selling one? I need one.

Why Ford?

Are you opposed to a Dodge?
    Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
    Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

I think if I was set on diesel I would probably go with Ford but honestly all my ford truck experiences have been terrible. I can't ever seeing myself purchasing another Ford or a diesel which is why I have a GMC. Everyone has their preferences.

Sorry Tom. I know a few guys who are into hot rodding there huge ass diesel Fords but I don't know of any for sale.
      "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
      ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

The diesel f250 that I had as a work truck was solid as fuck. The automatic transmission went 180k before second gear ground itself up, all while driving around with a bed and service boxes full of tools and material. It was surprisingly cheap to fix too, I think it was $750.

I have heard a billion horror stories about the gas Fords though...almost always automatics driven hard by psychos so...
        "We want to be free. We want to be free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by The Man. And we want to get loaded."

"I can't promise you sticking your dick in a diamondback's mouth and zapping it with a cattle prod *will* get your pecker bitten, but I can promise you it's a BAD FUCKING IDEA" -Rotten

"Guns, stolen motorcycles, and dead hookers tend to attract a lot of attention"

Comment

Ford - the best thing they did was circle the problem.
          SETHZILLA!

"American by birth, CALIFORNIAN by the grace of God!"- Me

-" I am not leaving the forum, because it's my ultimate intent to drive the rest of you off so I'm the only one left.
          "- Ziad

Comment

^^Nice!^^
            "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

sigpic

Comment

Since we have adherents of both Chevy/GM and Ford religions in the club... What do the GM lovers have to say about Ford not needing bailout funding in 2008?
              "Mathematics are the result of mysterious powers which no one understands, and which the unconscious recognition of beauty must play an important part. Out of an infinity of designs a mathematician chooses one pattern for beauty's sake and pulls it down to earth."

Marston Morse

Comment

Who gives a fuck? GM may have crappier management but they offer a far superior product. At least as far as their trucks go. I wouldn't extend that courtesy to their car line.

sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't wish a Ford upon my worst enemy.

Cummins FTW.

"Far be it from me to question your stupid civilization or its dumb customs."—Philip J. Fry

Comment

My Pops has owned a total of 4 diesel F350s from mid 90s to the last which was a 2008. He always slapped a Banks turbo and exhaust kit on them and they were faster than crap for their size. Most were work trucks that regularly hauled 25' trailers across the state for work. All of them surpassed 250k on the motor, and were otherwise bulletproof save for the transmissions which tended to crap out at the 150-200k mark.

Whatever the case, most modern diesel trucks are pretty solid.

Comment

There are a few down here on CL.
                      Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
                      Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

A buddy's got a 90s F250 Diesel (banks turbo). It's <80K original miles on the engine.

The transmission was rebuilt about 3 months ago, but it's going out again. He's going to sell it once the transmission's been rebuilt again (should be Real Soon Now).

Caveat: This truck had a ton of problems. Every time he fixed one thing another'd break. Sort of like my KTM. He's replaced most of the electronics, transmission, shackles, etc etc. If you're interested i'll bug him and get the rest of the info. I think he was asking somewhere in the $5K range.
                        "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

I wouldn't do it. Rebuilding the trans is not a good option as evidenced by the fact he is having it done again. Especially if this is some chain store like Aamco. Only way to get a reliable rebuilt trans is to buy a factory re-manufactured unit from Ford. This is a broad statement about rebuilt auto transmissions in general. Not just ford. Also the labor and parts warranty will not be transferable to the new owner.

sigpic

Comment

Check in the Valley. Lots of ranchers with Ford diesels. We had an F250 SuperDuty (2003) as our "family car" and it did great. That thing was capable of a lot more than we asked of it. Every now and then we needed it to do some real work (Like moving everything we own in one trip on a flat bed trailer that almost whipped my dad's Chevy 1500 off the road, or hauling 6 of us up to Oregon for a ski trip), and it came through. We only owned it for 2 years before the mortgage on that thing caught up with us. We traded it and $15k for a 2005 Focus, but that is a completely different (and very sad) story.

Comment

Working...
                            X