wanted for RENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted for RENT

A nice big cush cruiser preferably with luggage space, a Beemer would be great, or a Concourse. The girl and I are heading out on a road trip for spring break and want to ride, alas, I have no bike for this and rental companies are waaayyy too expensive. Bike would be fully insured under my insurance with full coverage. We can also work out some kind of daily fee. I have seen bikes for rent on BARF so I know people do this. This would be about a 9 day trip over to Utah and back. Let me know if you can help or know anybody that can. Thanks!
    www.motorcyclesandmisfits.com

What's wrong with your Kawi?
    "We want to be free. We want to be free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by The Man. And we want to get loaded."

"I can't promise you sticking your dick in a diamondback's mouth and zapping it with a cattle prod *will* get your pecker bitten, but I can promise you it's a BAD FUCKING IDEA" -Rotten

"Guns, stolen motorcycles, and dead hookers tend to attract a lot of attention"

Comment

nothing. it's totally comfortable and has tons of room, and you could fall asleep on the passenger seat. I just don't want to put the miles on the tires.

Comment

Best of luck man. Private under-the-table rentals may be affordable, but legit ones are usually north of $100 a day.

Dubbelju in SF rents bikes, you can get away with rentals from them for $99/day, but the selection is limited.

Edit: If your issue is tires, I'm pretty sure the cost of a new set of tires will be cheaper than anyone who's renting a bike (figuring a set of previous generation sport tires are usually under $300).
        Last edited by SatanCruz; 01-27-2014, 04:36 PM.

Comment

I think Dylan's onto something - buying new tires will be cheaper. If the current ones are irreplaceable then ride on the new ones and put the old ones back on when you're done...

Are we missing something?
          "Mathematics are the result of mysterious powers which no one understands, and which the unconscious recognition of beauty must play an important part. Out of an infinity of designs a mathematician chooses one pattern for beauty's sake and pulls it down to earth."

Marston Morse

Comment

You are missing a bit of sarcasm. I could care less about using the tires. The Kawi Jon is referring to is my Ninja 750 and is probably the worst bike I could think of for a 9 day road trip.

Comment

I just want something comfortable for that long of a ride

Comment

It's not just the 100 a day, its also a 1500+ deposit....

Comment

Ninja 750 wouldn't be fun for a long road trip... not the worst though.

You talk with Rev?
                  "Mathematics are the result of mysterious powers which no one understands, and which the unconscious recognition of beauty must play an important part. Out of an infinity of designs a mathematician chooses one pattern for beauty's sake and pulls it down to earth."

Marston Morse

Comment

looks like we found a Strom from a Re-Cycler. hadn't thought of asking Rev. Will do if the Strom falls through.

Comment

Douglas what are your dates? I have a Strom with top case and soft luggage. If I can use your drz I'm happy to trade.

Fwiw the wees are really comfortable for passengers.
                      "The adventure is in the rider, not the bike."
                      ghettotouring.com

Comment

Hey thanks, Cootz!

Comment

My pleasure. I hope it turns out to be a really good ride.
                          "The adventure is in the rider, not the bike."
                          ghettotouring.com

Comment

At a hundred dollars a day, you might as well buy something for the trip and sell it when you get back. You would just have to have the available funds for such a deal.

Comment

Working...
                            X