X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Honda VFR

1999 Honda VFR800i
    Yellow
    Canadian-spec model (odometer is in kms and mph; no emissions equip)
    50k miles (approximate, gearing is non-stock, so the speedo/odo read higher mileage)
    Clean title, current reg, no back fees

What's cool:

-Two Brothers exhaust and cam gear whine: Sounds meaner than R. Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket. Enough torque to match the sound too.

-Last generation of the non-VTECH motors. Super desirable and reliable, fuel injected to boot.

-Overall maintenance is up to date, good tires, brakes, and clutch and brake fluid flushed within the year.

-Rick's electrics reg/rec installed, all previous melted wiring replaced, VFRness installed, new lifetime red top battery from CycleGear, aftermarket voltmeter installed to keep an eye on things. This is the most common issue on this bike -- I've saved you the headache and the $.

-Givi side racks for lockable hard cases or soft bags and Givi rear rack for lockable hard topcase.

-Givi tall windscreen

-Stock parts included (seat cowl, stock grab rails, windscreen, etc)

What's not:

-Tipped over on both sides, once by me. It's got scratched mirror tips, and scratched portions of the lower fairing and RH case cover. The case cover has some touch up paint that's not well-matched.

-Turn signal relay is on it's way out (I've traced it). It'll intermittently short which will hold the signals in running light position. $40 part, really intermittent issue. Will order and replace soon.

-Previous owner wired the heated grips directly to the battery, which is just not smart. I've pulled the leads, but they are ready to be tapped into switched power if you want to wire them.

Price: $3.2k
    Discount to members that would be interested in keeping it in the family, drop me a line.

More pics available, message me for a link to the gallery.

Reason for sale: It just doesn't get ridden enough. My commute is short and I spend most of my riding time on the dirt or racing and doing supermoto track days.

Possible trades: 250 four stroke MX-based supermoto or MX'er (CRF250R/X or YZ250F preferred).
    Last edited by SatanCruz; 02-02-2014, 08:33 PM.
Working...
X